Advanced training for more experienced skippers building on the Day Skipper course. This course equips you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages.
This course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster Coastal and Yachtmaster Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills.
As with the Day Skipper shorebased course, the RYA's specially designed chart plotter software will be used during the course to give you a realistic taste of modern electronic navigation.
The course is taught over 40 hours with three exam papers. It can be covered as a series of short sessions or as an intensive week-long course.
• 40 Hours / 5 Days
• Position fixing
• Course shaping and plotting
• Tidal knowledge
• Use of almanacs and admiralty publications
• Electronic position finding equipment
• Taking and interpreting forecasts
• Plotting weather systems
• Weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
• Collision regulations
• Customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
Principal and Chief Instructor
Mobile: 07976 356688